Fireplaces are one of the most ancient concepts of heating homes. However, with the modern obsession of home improvements, fireplaces have moved beyond mere heating. They now also perform the task of beautifying your interior decor.
Originally, log fireplaces were required in many rooms of the house. Then central heating was invented and fireplaces became less desirable. A revival in modern times has seen fireplaces installed in more than just the living room. Now you can find different types of fireplaces including gas log, electric, traditional wood burning and even some portable fireplaces for your home. People also use other heating solutions such as electrical heaters, hydraulic, and ducted gas heating systems. But a fireplace is the traditional way which will keep your rooms warm during the winter. And now, you can enhance the interior decor and theme of your rooms by installing a fireplace.
Unique Fireplace Concepts: Think Outside The Living Room
- Bedroom– a fireplace in the bedroom gives the room a relaxing and appealing look. And therefore, having one installed in the bedroom can just enhance the look of the room. However, when you are installing a fireplace for your bedroom, you need to consider something which is safe and which does not release any harmful gas.
- Office– fireplaces are perfect for decorating your home office because they are warm, elegant, and provide a focus. Place armchairs by the fire and talk to clients there. How can they resist your business charms… and you’ll save on gas and electrical bills too.
- Bathroom– imagine the luxury of having a working fireplace blazing away while you take a dip in the tub? That is exactly what unique fireplace concepts is all about.
- Lawns and gardens– modern home owners have also started having fireplaces outdoors so that having a gala event outdoors in the cool weather can just be perfect. You can use a portable fireplace such as a fire pit and move it to the spot you want (before it’s lit, of course)
Unique Fireplace Concepts: Modern Design Ideas for Fireplaces In Any Position
Now that the entire world, seemingly, is falling in love with having a fireplace, it’s easier to choose a suitable design. No matter where you wish to place a fireplace, there are thousands of designs, concepts, and ideas available .. it’s going to be really difficult to choose one.
- A cornered fireplace– if you are having a floating wall then a cornered double-sided fireplace can just be the best thing done. It looks appealing and at the same time, the benefits of it can be drawn from multiple angles.
- Give a design surrounding the fireplace– simply designed surrounding or a border can give a pleasant look. This is the perfect for the living room when you give a marble border around it. Simple designs can be great.
- Low and horizontally long fireplace– the most modern concept is having a low and horizontally long fireplace. A fireplace with a height maximum up to the knee and of a good length creates a good aura within the house.
- Fireplace in a concrete wall– fireplaces placed in between a concrete wall can give one of the boldest and modern looks to the interior. Many consider this to be shabby but when the wall colours and the other interior are matched with then this creates one of a perfect look for the fireplace.
There are endless ideas for unique fireplace concepts that are appealing and innovative. But these are the ones that are most prominent in enhancing your interior decor beauty. Having them can be an attractive option.
Ramp up your winter decor with the perfect fireplace accessories. Brosa Furniture will handcraft beautiful armchairs for relaxing and sipping brandy. Choose cuddly throws and faux fur rugs from the extensive range at Temple & Webster. Stock up on gloriously scented candles from Glasshouse Fragrances. And lay down a hide, sheepskin or wool rug from the huge selection at Zanui or Pottery Barn. Happy shopping!
About the Writer
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosopher with his keen observations providing useful information to help readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Google+ and on Twitter as @aussiesmag. See Joseph’s last post on choosing the perfect kitchen countertop.