Congratulations! You’re making your home renovation ready because you have BIG plans to refresh and revitalise your home. That’s exciting. However, you need to address six important areas first.
You need to decide whether your home will be sold on or you will be expanding for the sake of your family. Either way, you need to get your home renovation ready with these top tips!
Planning a renovation is a big deal so get your home renovation ready to ensure it’s a smooth and painless process. Let’s take a look!
- Get The Experts In. Before you can do any renovations on your home, you need to know that your home is safe enough to take the changes you are hoping to make. If you want to add an extension to the house, you need to get the house checked for damp. You also need to know that any gaping cracks, floorboards, etc can all take the changes you’re hoping to make, too. Home surveyors are your best option!
- Know What You Want. Are you renovating to sell for more cash, or do you want to renovate and improve the house you have? Renovating to make improvements so that you are able to expand your home for your family is a big deal, but you need to decide what you want. If you need inspiration, then check out a contractor blog. You’ll find plenty of ideas. Every build costs your time and money, and make sure you know what you want before you go for it.
- Budget! While you’re picking what you want for your house, you need to know what your budget will be. Don’t forget you have to factor in the cost of modern self storage spaces to put your furniture and boxes somewhere safe while renovations are happening. You need to make sure that your budget is spot on, including rent if you have to move out – along with your furniture. Once you know what you can afford, you can go for it!
- Get Some Estimates. You do not have to settle for anything you do not want to settle for. Speak to more than one specialist and ask each builder the differences in price for the whole job, and shop around for a project manager if you can’t do it yourself.
- Ask For Permission. Did you know that certain renovations require signing off? You may need to have building regulations approval, too, and if that’s the case you should be able to get the deeds and lease checked for any issues in the building before you commence.
- Get Started! One you have these points wrapped up, you can finally get started on your renovations. You should make sure that you choose a company with an excellent reputation, and checking references is a must, here. You have to know that you are entrusting your home to the right people and not a bunch of cowboy builders without a clue! Don’t be afraid to ask questions, either – you need to know what’s happening as it happens and stay in the loop. Your new renovations will be amazing when they are managed well!