Maintaining beautiful hair as we age is a very common issue for many women. Due to hormones and other factors, hair does natural thin over the decades. So how can you minimise the effects of ageing on your hair?
If you are finding that your hair is quite dry or frizzy, or perhaps you have more hair in the drain each and every time that you have a shower.
When we age, our hair does too, and aging hair can be a real pain. So knowing how to take care of it all is really important.
A few simple tips and tricks can help to care for aging hair, helping it to look better, feel better, and be stronger. Your hair shouldn’t be on your list of things to worry about.
If your hair is already thinning, which is something that is completely natural when it comes to aging hair, then you want to make sure that you don’t make it worse by pulling any other hairs out.
If you find that it is a big problem, then looking for hair loss treatment for women could make a difference. But there are simple things that you can do to help yourself, such as making sure that you are gentle when brushing and styling your hair. Some things to do are:
- Using a wide-toothed comb for brushing your hair, instead of a brush, can reduce how much pull there is on your hair and can reduce snagging and breakage
- We can all be short on time so it is really tricky when we’re in a rush and wanting to brush hair quickly. But if you are more gentle when you work out tangles, then it will make a massive difference to the hair and breakage
- When styling your hair, it is such a good idea to not pull your hair back too tight. When you have tight hairstyles like buns and ponytails, then it can cause a lot of problems as it leads to stress on fine and gentle hair. So keep things loose.
Hair starts to produce less oil when we get older, and that is completely natural. But as a result, that can make your hair really dry, which can lead to hair breaking, as well as hair being more frizzy than what you are used to.
So you need to make sure that you lock in as much moisture as possible, rather than stripping the hair of any existing moisture.
- Look for a shampoo that is made without sulfates or alcohol to keep hair more moisturized, as well as looking for conditioner that doesn’t have any silicones present. These things can give your hair the illusion of being shiny, but they take out a lot of moisture.
- So many people like to use things like curling irons and straighteners. But too much heat can really damage your hair; there are other things that you can do. You could embrace your natural hair texture, as well as using something like the curly girl method if your hair has a natural curl.
One of the best things that you can do for your hair, is to make sure that you are taking care of yourself as a whole too. The food you eat, the emotions you have, as well as your general health can all impact the health of your hair. Aging hair can be something that is a bit of a pain, but it is also beautiful; just take more care than you might have b