Fun quirky kids bedrooms help develop the creativity and curiosity of children. These days there is no end to the cool, quirky and fun style parents can inject into their kids’ rooms.
It doesn’t matter if you are a designer, a DIY aficionado, or even an absolute beginner. If you want to add magic to the spaces of your little ones then these expert tips and hot trends are sure to inspire.To stay on-trend with fun quirky kids bedrooms, Director of Vault Interiors Justine Wilson shares her easy tips.
Fun Quirky Kids Bedrooms
1. Neon Colour Pops – who doesn’t love a vibrant pop of neon. Add zing to any kid’s bedroom with neon accents. Use in moderation, though, otherwise you run the risk of overpowering the room.
2. Shared Spaces – until a child is old enough to want their own space, children love sharing a room. Whether it’s a sibling or with friends, create fun quirky kids bedrooms that can be shared. Bunk and trundle beds are good when friends have a sleep-over. However, when kids share a bedroom long-term consider how to provide them with independent as well shared spaces. Room dividers with books can successfully separate areas. If that’s not possible then use a rug or colour to delineate the space.
3. Geometric Patterns – bold graphic prints, colourful patterns, and tricks of the eye add playful interest but ordered style to rooms. Geometric patterns can easily be adapted to any gender and also suit-shared spaces. Removable wallpaper is a great way to add this trend and also look for wall art, duvet covers, and rugs which can be easily changed out.
4. Monochrome – monochrome is the new neutral and it’s not simply black and white. Monochrome is also about different shades and strengths of the same colour.This palette is cool and edgy while also remaining classic in style. Using bold prints, beloved icons, such as our friend Miffy or Nordic/wilderness influences, make this trend perfect for nurseries to teen rooms.
5. Outside In – develop the spirit of adventure for little people with spaces that reflect our natural environment. Wallpaper, decals, stencils, and hand painted murals make it easy to create a magical space. If you do choose an outdoor scene in wallpaper, limit it to one wall so as not to overwhelm the room. This beautiful teepee from Circu Magical Furniture is perfect for adding adventurous ambience.
6. Playhouse Beds – further express your child’s imagination with playhouses, cubby beds, and cool reading nooks. These are fun for any child and really activate their imagination. Fun quirky kids bedrooms come to life with a rocket bed, cinderella fantasy coach, amazing sea shell, or even a super cool Kombi van. Yes really, from Circu Magical Furniture.
7. Designer Furniture – When it comes to selecting furniture for any part of your home, well designed and functional is a must, so buying for your child’s room is no exception. For children especially, choose the ‘fun’ in functional. Pioneers like Lilly and Lolly changed that and Incy Interiors has both beautiful and long-lasting pieces.
Suppliers You’ll Love.. and they have regular sales so SAVE even more
For fun quirky kids bedrooms your kids will love, you’ll love the savings at these reputable on-line suppliers.
Zanui – 15% to %75 off a huge range of furniture, textile, lighting, kids and babies, rugs, homewares, etc. Free shipping for over 6,000 items
Temple & Webster – over 130,000 products for your home, baby and kids, indoors, outdoors, decor
Bed, Bath ‘n Table – everything you need for… well… bed, bath, and table often at discounted prices
April & Oak – decorate with many themes including rustic, boho, hamptons, french, moroccan, industrial and more. Free shipping over $99
Canningvale – fluffy towels, modern designs, any decor, and with regular specials